Saturday, February 10, 2007

Well, I didn't make it. I forgot to post something last night, mostly due to the fact that I was very tired when I got home last night. I don't know if that was due to the fact that I'm getting old or the fact that I'm fighting a sinus infection, but I do know that it was late and I didn't even think about the blog.

Well, I did send a couple of people to my blog, so i did think about it, but I didn't think about writing for it.

Oh, and as I'm writing this, I thought about something that I want to say about today. It's Saturday, and I have to wonder: what happened to cartoons? None of the network stations in Atlanta show cartoons on Saturday morning. There are Saturday morning cartoons shown on Sunday morning, but nothing on Saturday. I have no idea why this has happened. Apparantly somewhere along the way someone at the local affiliate's offices decided that there were no children in metro Atlanta on Saturday morning. Either that, or children these days don't like to watch cartoons.

In either case, I'm a little saddened by this fact. Some of my fondest memories, as well as some of the events that formed my life, can be found in the moments of a Saturday morning cartoon. True, there isn't a Looney Tunes on network television at the moment--and no, Lunatics Unleashed doesn't count--but there are some entertaining shows out there still. I just wish that I could watch one this morning.

1 comment:

Charles R. Rutledge said...

It was a good effotr though, man. I don't post every day. Just when something occurs to me, which is often...