Sunday, February 11, 2007

I have two electrical outlets that don't work. They worked last week, but they don't work today. Now, I know a little bit about wiring a house, and I don't understand how this has happened. I traced the wires, checked the connections, and couldn't find a break. The volt/ohm meter told me there wasn't a solid connection, which is I'm sure the problem, but I don't know what caused it. What's more, I have no idea how it happened over a course of the past week. Well, that's not entirely true; I have one theory.

I think that my house is cursed.

Every time I turn around it seems that there is something else that is happening to this house that defies explanation. Whether it's light bulbs burning out far too regularly, or our hot water heater running out of water too quickly, or even our wine going bad far too quickly, things around here sometimes just don't make sense.

I don't think that it's haunted or anything quite as supernatural, but I do think that there is something about this house that brings bad things to the forefront. We don't get good cable reception, or good cell phone reception, or...well, you get the idea. I think that the house might be built on a lodestone, or a pocket of toxic gas, or maybe an ancient indian burial ground. I dunno.

But anyway, I'm gonna call an electrician tomorrow. If things go well he'll get the problem fixed quickly. If not, then the house will burn down and the curse will be lifted. Either way, it's a good thing.

1 comment:

Jared Miller said...

I think your house is cursed! It tried to trip me that night of the Superbowl.