Wednesday, August 22, 2012

So...Comfort Zones

We all have them. Heaven knows that I have them. I cling to them steadfastly in times of crisis and moments of uncertainty. But lately I've been straying more and more away from them. Pushing myself and trying to find out what happens if I let go of those comfort zones and try something that I considered...frightening.

You know what? They really aren't that frightening at all. In fact, I've learned more about myself and grown more since I started doing that than I have in years.

Comfort zones are a bit of a trap. They are nice and, well, comforting, but they don't let you grow. They don't let you expand your horizons and discover new things. As long as we let ourselves be trapped by ourselves, we can never take that next step.

I've taken a few steps lately. I don't know where they are taking me in the long run, but I sure am curious to find out.

No comments: